|Profession : Actor turned Politician|
As a dancer : Well versed in Bharata Natyam, Mohini Attam, Kathak,Manipuri.
Would have been : Lawyer
Rise to fame character : As a vampish lead in G. Krishna’s James Bond-type hit Goodachari 116 she was noticed by everyone
Entry into politics : First as the Secretary of the AIADMK, then was nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
Influential persons in her life :
1-Mother Celine(school head mistress)
2-Her mother for her career in films.
3-Dr. M.G.R for her career in politics.
Worst Moment : When she was attacked in the Tamil Nadu Assembly by then ruling party people.
Highs : In 1982 when she gave her maiden speech about ‘pennin perumai’ which was applauded by Dr. M.G.R
Lows : The passing away of her mother and Dr.M.G.R.
Likes to watch : Old tamil, hindi and english movies
Impressed by the book : “Wild Swans”
* 1972- Kalaimamani award from the government of Tamilnadu.
* 1991- Was conferred the Degree of Doctor of Literature(D.Litt) by the University of Madras.
* 1992- Dr MGR Medical University conferred the degree of Doctor of Science.
* 1993-Madurai Kamaraj University conferred the degree of Doctor of Letters.
* 2003-Tamil Nadu Agricultural University conferred the degree of Doctor of Science.
* 2003-Bharathidasan University conferred the degree of Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa)